Sunday, July 31, 2011

T-minus 12 minutes - more or less


(photo is the view, looking west, from mom and Dad's place in Shelburne)

So, I'm here, read to go, but Mom and Dad aren't here. So that means we're putting a hold on the countdown. Just like a Finn to be late.

It's all cool, though, thinking about it:

Pop has to get home from Church, take care of a few personal items here, and then we hit the road. I assumed a 9 AM start - see what happens when you assume?

I swung into the bank-in-the-box, checked balances, and we're good on that front. Stopped at the Big Y, picked up water, ibuprofen, aspirin, seltzer, granola bars, and some diet pepsi (it was on sale). Not sure if a caffeinated beverage is the best idea, but it's better than plastic-infused water. Ick.

Looking forward to the trip. Will update from the road as I can. Internet access being what it is, who knows when I might get back online?