Friday, August 26, 2011

It's official, sports fans...


Absolutely, positively, without a doubt: I hate Windows 7.

It is everything that Apple's OS 6-9 was accused of being -- it's a blockade in the middle of what I'm trying to do.

When I have to turn off 'features', such as the firewall, in order to access my own personal, private network, I don't call that an advantage. When I have to disable 128-bit encryption in order to 'see' a NAS device, that's a pain. When I have to fight with it to simply copy and paste files from one place to another, I call that a complete and utter irritation.

If this laptop weren't purchase for me for work reasons, it would have gone back long before now. And, since I've had it for some time, I'm stuck with it, no matter what.

It's a sad state of affairs for Microsoft when their best product is still the operating system that they introduced in 2003.

So, folks, I'm saving my pennies. Oh yes, I'm saving my pennies. An Intel quad-core i7 driven Macbook Pro is in my future. Oh, yes, no question about it.